• Security Alerts • Locations & Hours • Contact Us
By now, most people have made their resolutions for self-improvement in the new year. While the most popular resolutions tend to focus on physical health, the start of a new year is also a perfect time to prioritize your financial wellness.
Ready to get started? Read on.
5 Ways to Up Your Money Game in 2019
1. Make a Budget and Stick to it. Budgeting is one of most effective ways to manage your money. Creating and monitoring a budget allows you to track your expenses, adapt to changes, and achieve your financial milestones. Budgeting can also help you save for emergencies and plan for the long run - including retirement. Use an online budget building tool to break your budget down into simple, easy steps and get started: https://providentstatebank.everfi-next.net/student/dashboard/psbu/providentstatebank-financial-basics-101/budgeting-tool/
2. Build Your Emergency Savings. Unexpected expenses happen more often than we like to think. According to a 2019 Bankrate study, less than half of Americans are not financially prepared to cover the expenses that come with emergencies, such as illness, job loss, or even home and auto repairs. Get more information on the immediate steps you can take this year to start and grow your savings: https://providentstatebank.everfi-next.net/student/dashboard/psbu/providentstatebank-financial-basics-101/emergency-savings/
3. Plan for Your Retirement Now. Less than half of Americans take the steps needed to set themselves up for a secure retirement. While saving for the future is easy to put off in favor of more immediate needs, the earlier you start, the more
opportunity you’ll have to grow your savings over time. There’s no better time than now to start planning for retirement. Learn about options, like IRAs and 401(k) plans, with our free retirement education: https://providentstatebank.everfi-next.net/student/dashboard/psbu/providentstatebank-your-retirement-101/
4. Get Ahead of Your Taxes. Taxes are confusing, and many people get bogged down by complex terms and lengthy paperwork. However, doing your taxes doesn’t need to be a source of anxiety. In fact, getting ahead of your taxes can reap many benefits, including lowering stress and having early access to a refund for year-long planning. Make filing your taxes a breeze with tips from our 5 minute interactive learning module: https://providentstatebank.everfi-next.net/student/dashboard/psbu/providentstatebank-financial-basics-101/taxes/
5. Take Control of Your Credit. Your credit score can have significant impacts on your financial security and flexibility. Yet, many people have never had the opportunity to learn what a credit score is, what factors impact a credit score, and what actions they can take to make sure their score is healthy. Take a few minutes to understand the factors that impact your credit score and you’ll be well on your way to building a more secure financial future: https://providentstatebank.everfi-next.net/student/dashboard/psbu/providentstatebank-financial-basics-101/credit-use/
Access our entire library of financial education topics below.
Provident State Bank’s goal is to help our customers in the fight against Identity Theft and we are pleased to announce our 2018 Shred Day was a huge success! On October 6th at the Preston location, many PSB customers securely disposed of their documents. All outdated financial records that could be used to commit Identity Theft were collected. This FREE service was offered to all PSB customers. At this event, almost 4,400 pounds were securely shredded! We look forward to our next Shred Day at our Preston location!!
Welcome to our new website. We are thrilled to be teaming with FIS Web Solutions to bring you the ultimate answer to all your online banking concerns. This website offers vast improvements over our previous platform, pairing excellently with our mobile banking app. Provident State Bank is your home for banking on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Navigate our new website easier than ever before. You’ll have the answer to every banking question right at your fingertips and you can check your account balances or simply learn about all our great services on the new PSB website.
Your privacy is very important to us. We would like to advise you that Internet email is not secure. Please do not submit any information that you consider confidential. We recommend you do not include your social security or account number or other specific identifying information.
You are leaving Provident State Bank's website and linking to a third party site. Please be advised that you will then link to a website hosted by another party, where you will no longer be subject to, or under the protection of, the privacy and security policies of Provident State Bank. We recommend that you review and evaluate the privacy and security policies of the site that you are entering. Provident State Bank assumes no liability for the content, information, security, policies or transactions provided by these other sites.