News and Events
Provident State Bank Inc. Announces Chief Financial Officer
Preston, MD., February 11, 2021 PSB Holding Corp. (OTC-QX: PSBP), the parent company of Provident State Bank, Inc. (“Provident”), announces the appointment of John A. Scaldara, 57, as Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President of Provident State Bank, Inc. and PSB Holding Corp., effective February 10, 2021.
“I am pleased to welcome John to our executive team,” said Melissa Quirk, PSB President and CEO. “John’s extensive banking experience will make an immediate impact as we position PSB for the future. John brings strong leadership and is an excellent addition to the PSB team.”
John began his career in banking in 1989 with The Columbia Bank as Controller and rose to Chief Operating Officer and President before acquiring the Bank to Fulton Financial Corporation in February 2006. From 2006 through 2019, he held Executive Vice President of For Further Credit (FCC) and Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of its Maryland banking franchise, The Columbia Bank.
PSB Holding Corp. and its subsidiary, Provident State Bank, Inc., may involve plans, strategies, objectives, expectations, intentions, and adequacy of resources. All statements other than statements of historical fact, including, without limitation, statements regarding business strategy, future events, activities, performance, and plans and objectives for future operations, are forward-looking statements. Therefore, the illustrative value of forward-looking statements made in or pursuant to this press release should not, under any circumstances, be considered a guarantee that such future events, activities, occurrences, or performances will take place.
A MESSAGE FROM OUR PRESIDENT AND CEO
At Provident State Bank, the well-being of our customers and employees is a top priority for us. We continue to monitor the latest developments related to COVID-19 and the ensuing impact on the people and businesses in our communities. We are focused on helping you through these challenging times.
To ensure everyone’s personal well-being, we have been disinfecting surfaces multiple times a day and practicing social distancing to help reduce potential spread. We are also limiting person-to-person exposure by holding meetings by phone and encouraging all customers to use our drive thru locations and full service, image ATMs. We provide a full suite of banking services online and through our mobile app, both which allow you to bank from the security of your own home. It is important to us that you have multiple channels to access your accounts to pay bills, transfer money and manage your funds. I encourage you to contact your local branch office or our telephone banking center if you need to enroll in any of these services.
We are also aware of the financial impact many individuals and businesses are experiencing. We are committed to working with all of our customers to understand every unique situation and develop the best solution together.
Most importantly, we are and will continue to be a community bank that serves the needs of our customers. Our core values have never meant more to us than now.
SERVICE TO CUSTOMERS • COMMITMENT TO COMMUNITY • INTEGRITY • INNOVATIVE EXPERIENCE
As your financial partner, Provident State Bank is here to help you navigate through this difficult period. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your local branch or our telephone banking center at 877-673-2265 (BANK).
Melissa A. Quirk, President and CEO
Shred Day 2019!
PSB collected 160 lbs. of food donations and $65.77 in financial contributions during their annual Shred Day held April 20, 2019. Combining both food and funding support, the donations will provide the equivalent of 330 meals (83 for a family of 4) for food insecure families in Eastern Shore communities.
PSB Adds New Branch in Lewes
Our team at Provident State Bank is very excited to announce the opening of our new branch in Lewes, located on Coastal Highway! We have incorporated the newest ideas and most up-to-date features to make banking the ultimate experience for our customers. Our universal bankers are able to assist you with all of your banking needs from A to Z. Feel free to set up a time to use our conference room with features including, teleconferencing, web browsing, and screen sharing capabilities. We're making banking easy with all the newest technology while providing a hometown experience and treating you like family! We hope to see you there!
PSB Adds New Location in Salisbury
Our team at Provident State Bank is very excited to announce the opening of our new branch in Salisbury, located on Mt. Hermon Road! We have incorporated the newest ideas and most up-to-date features to make banking the ultimate experience for our customers. Our universal bankers are able to assist you with all of your banking needs from A to Z. Feel free to set up a time to use our conference room with features including teleconferencing, web browsing, and screen sharing capabilities. We're making banking easy with all the newest technology while providing a hometown experience and treating you like family! We hope to see you there!
By now, most people have made their resolutions for self-improvement in the new year. While the most popular resolutions tend to focus on physical health, the start of a new year is also a perfect time to prioritize your financial wellness.
Ready to get started? Read on.
5 Ways to Up Your Money Game in 2019
1. Make a Budget and Stick to it. Budgeting is one of most effective ways to manage your money. Creating and monitoring a budget allows you to track your expenses, adapt to changes, and achieve your financial milestones. Budgeting can also help you save for emergencies and plan for the long run - including retirement. Use an online budget building tool to break your budget down into simple, easy steps and get started: https://providentstatebank.everfi-next.net/student/dashboard/psbu/providentstatebank-financial-basics-101/budgeting-tool/
2. Build Your Emergency Savings. Unexpected expenses happen more often than we like to think. According to a 2019 Bankrate study, less than half of Americans are not financially prepared to cover the expenses that come with emergencies, such as illness, job loss, or even home and auto repairs. Get more information on the immediate steps you can take this year to start and grow your savings: https://providentstatebank.everfi-next.net/student/dashboard/psbu/providentstatebank-financial-basics-101/emergency-savings/
3. Plan for Your Retirement Now. Less than half of Americans take the steps needed to set themselves up for a secure retirement. While saving for the future is easy to put off in favor of more immediate needs, the earlier you start, the more
opportunity you’ll have to grow your savings over time. There’s no better time than now to start planning for retirement. Learn about options, like IRAs and 401(k) plans, with our free retirement education: https://providentstatebank.everfi-next.net/student/dashboard/psbu/providentstatebank-your-retirement-101/
4. Get Ahead of Your Taxes. Taxes are confusing, and many people get bogged down by complex terms and lengthy paperwork. However, doing your taxes doesn’t need to be a source of anxiety. In fact, getting ahead of your taxes can reap many benefits, including lowering stress and having early access to a refund for year-long planning. Make filing your taxes a breeze with tips from our 5 minute interactive learning module: https://providentstatebank.everfi-next.net/student/dashboard/psbu/providentstatebank-financial-basics-101/taxes/
5. Take Control of Your Credit. Your credit score can have significant impacts on your financial security and flexibility. Yet, many people have never had the opportunity to learn what a credit score is, what factors impact a credit score, and what actions they can take to make sure their score is healthy. Take a few minutes to understand the factors that impact your credit score and you’ll be well on your way to building a more secure financial future: https://providentstatebank.everfi-next.net/student/dashboard/psbu/providentstatebank-financial-basics-101/credit-use/
Access our entire library of financial education topics below.
PSB, One of Talbot County's Favorite Banks
Provident State Bank, your local bank, is proud to announce that we have earned 2nd place in the bank category for The Star Democrat’s “Talbot County Reader Approved” awards. It means the world to us that the people of Talbot County would nominate and vote for us to be one of the top local banks. We wanted to extend a thank you to Talbot County for their support throughout the years and their continued support going forward. Let us show you what it is like to deal with a local bank where we treat you like family!